By R. Ladd
Read or Download Antimercantilism in Late Medieval English Literature (The New Middle Ages) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
This quantity, including its better half at the Eclogues and the formerly released quantity at the Aeneid, completes the insurance of Vergil's poetry in Oxford Readings in Classical reports. It collects ten vintage papers at the Georgics written among 1970 and 1999 by way of top students from numerous diverse nations.
Students of historical literature have frequently interested by the works and lives of significant authors instead of on such questions as how those works have been produced and who learn them. In Roman Literary tradition, Elaine Fantham fills that void via analyzing the altering social and historic context of literary construction in historic Rome and its empire.
Egil, the Viking Poet makes a speciality of one of many best-known Icelandic sagas, that of the intense hero Egil Skallagrimsson. Descended from a lineage of trolls, shape-shifters, and warriors, Egil’s transformation from a precocious and murderous baby right into a raider, mercenary, litigant, landholder, and poet epitomizes the numerous points of Viking legend.
The early glossy and glossy cultural global within the West will be unthinkable with no Petrarch and Boccaccio. regardless of this truth, there's nonetheless no scholarly contribution completely dedicated to analysing their highbrow revolution. across the world well known students are invited to debate and reconsider the ancient, highbrow, and literary roles of Petrarch and Boccaccio among the nice version of Dante’s encyclopedia and the guidelines of a double or multifaceted tradition within the period of Italian Renaissance Humanism.
- Desiring Truth: The Process of Judgment in Fourteenth-Century Art and Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- German Philhellenism: The Pathos of the Historical Imagination from Winckelmann to Goethe
- Hermeneutik und Bibelexegese beim jungen Goethe (Historia Hermeneutica Series Studia) (German Edition)
- Melancholy, Love, and Time: Boundaries of the Self in Ancient Literature
- Thou Shalt Not Speak My Language (Modern Middle East Literature in Translation Series)
- Representing Judith in Early Modern French Literature (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
Extra info for Antimercantilism in Late Medieval English Literature (The New Middle Ages)