By David A Salomon
Read or Download An Introduction to the 'Glossa Ordinaria' as Medieval Hypertext (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
This quantity, including its significant other at the Eclogues and the formerly released quantity at the Aeneid, completes the assurance of Vergil's poetry in Oxford Readings in Classical experiences. It collects ten vintage papers at the Georgics written among 1970 and 1999 via best students from numerous diversified nations.
Students of old literature have frequently serious about the works and lives of significant authors instead of on such questions as how those works have been produced and who learn them. In Roman Literary tradition, Elaine Fantham fills that void by way of interpreting the altering social and old context of literary creation in old Rome and its empire.
Egil, the Viking Poet specializes in one of many best-known Icelandic sagas, that of the extreme hero Egil Skallagrimsson. Descended from a lineage of trolls, shape-shifters, and warriors, Egil’s transformation from a precocious and murderous baby right into a raider, mercenary, litigant, landholder, and poet epitomizes the numerous elements of Viking legend.
The early sleek and smooth cultural international within the West will be unthinkable with no Petrarch and Boccaccio. regardless of this truth, there's nonetheless no scholarly contribution fullyyt dedicated to analysing their highbrow revolution. the world over well known students are invited to debate and reconsider the old, highbrow, and literary roles of Petrarch and Boccaccio among the nice version of Dante’s encyclopedia and the tips of a double or multifaceted tradition within the period of Italian Renaissance Humanism.
- The Familiar Enemy: Chaucer, Language, and Nation in the Hundred Years War
- Scholia vetera in Sophoclis "Electram" (Sammlung Griechischer Und Lateinischer Grammatiker)
- Claassens, Geert H. M.; Knapp, Fritz Peter; Pérennec, René: Germania Litteraria Mediaevalis Francigena: Höfischer Roman in Vers und Prosa: Claassens, ... ... Mediaevalis Francigena) (German Edition)
- Sexualität und Jungfräulichkeit in der Legende "Von der heiligen Margareta": Tabus in der Literatur des Mittelalters (German Edition)
- Miserere Mei: The Penitential Psalms in Late Medieval and Early Modern England (ReFormations: Medieval and Early Modern)
- Lysistrate: Text, Übersetzung und Kommentar (Griechische Dramen) (German Edition)
Additional resources for An Introduction to the 'Glossa Ordinaria' as Medieval Hypertext (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages)