By George Dekle
Dispelling universal myths and misunderstandings, this ebook presents a desirable and traditionally exact portrayal of the 1858 Almanac Trial that establishes either Lincoln's personality and his substantial talents as an ordeal lawyer.
• Written from the hugely educated and skilled point of view of a veteran felony trial attorney who has investigated, prosecuted, and defended hundreds and hundreds of homicide cases
• provides exact info collected from the main major letters, statements, and interviews of the contributors within the trial and cites the particular court docket list, permitting readers to differentiate truth from fable and lore
• Explains how a fictional account of the trial got here to be believed as truth and proves that the parable of the solid almanac was once a libel invented by way of those that sought to benefit from the lie
• Appeals to Lincoln students and trial legal professionals in addition to any reader with an curiosity in American historical past or actual crime
Read or Download Abraham Lincoln's Most Famous Case: The Almanac Trial PDF
Best biographies of presidents & heads of state books
The early historical past of Charles James Fox (1881)
Winner of the 2001 The Lincoln team of recent York's Award of accomplishment A heritage ebook membership choice The assassination of Abraham Lincoln is generally advised as a story of a lone deranged actor who struck from a twisted lust for revenge. this isn't in basic terms too basic a proof; Blood at the Moon finds that it truly is thoroughly mistaken.
Guided to Oberlin university through Charles G. Finney, the main sought after evangelical reformer within the country, James Monroe attended the school whilst Oberlin served because the middle of abolition and reform within the West. In Oberlin's Christian Statesman and Reformer, Catherine M. Rokicky explores this abolitionist politician's years at Oberlin in the course of the antebellum interval, in addition to his travels that will placed him in touch with very important males comparable to Frederick Douglass; his election to the Ohio apartment of Representatives from 1856 to 1859 and the Ohio Senate from 1859 to 1862; his paintings with Jacob D.
The literature on Boris Yeltsin is tremendous. Memoirs were produced not just by means of politicians – first-hand contributors within the occasions, Yeltsin himself penned 3 volumes of memories – but additionally assistants, press secretaries, political analysts, newshounds, MPs, retired individuals of Gorbachev’s Politburo, public figures now lengthy forgotten, generals of certain providers and protection carrier employees.
- Yitzhak Rabin: A Political Biography
- Elisabetta, l'ultima regina (Italian Edition)
- The Last Campaign: Robert F. Kennedy and 82 Days That Inspired America
- Lincoln and the Immigrant (Concise Lincoln Library)
- Selected Speeches and Writings of Theodore Roosevelt
Extra info for Abraham Lincoln's Most Famous Case: The Almanac Trial