By Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones
- memoirs of homosexual Holocaust survivors and the emergence of the 1st lesbian and homosexual publication membership in its wake
- homophobia within the place of work and using coming-out tales to reinforce office variety
- the institution of a gay/straight alliance in a Salt Lake urban highschool that's seriously ruled by way of Mormons
- gay literary background that examines the works of Langston Hughes in addition to Martin Duberman, Paul Monette, and Edmund White when it comes to the lesbian 70s
- creative nonfiction a couple of woman's love for one more lady, her lifelong good friend
- Provincetown's striking group reaction to the AIDS epidemicA selection of chapters written through the colleagues and previous scholars of John P. De Cecco, pioneering editor of the magazine of Homosexuality, A Sea of reports takes its name from a word Dr. De Cecco utilized in his keynote deal with to the “History and reminiscence” convention at Allegheny university in 1997. This convention sparked the belief for this number of essays that research the gay adventure via ancient, mental, and sociological viewpoints and homosexuality in literature. those brave tales will support readers to understand themselves extra deeply, to spot wih others, and to interpret homosexual and lesbian reviews in several narrative kinds.
Read Online or Download A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco PDF
Best gay fiction books
3 classmates—Joshua, a chess prodigy; Karen, a feminist; and Lori, a delicate artist–start an strange friendship, forming a clique in their personal. different young ones might imagine they’re bizarre, their mom and dad would possibly not comprehend them, yet they've got one another. It’s video clips and pizzas and dances until eventually their excellent trio is almost shattered by way of the crosscurrents of affection and jealousy, of self-doubt and deep soreness.
È l. a. prima volta che Luca torna in Afghanistan dopo l. a. morte di Marcello. È un giovane ufficiale dell’esercito italiano che più di ogni cosa vuole compiere il proprio dovere, anche se quella terra secca gli ricorda Marcello a ogni respiro, il vuoto che gli ha lasciato dentro da quando non c’è più. A lui toccherà l’ingrato compito di consegnare alla famiglia i suoi effetti personali ed è los angeles nonna di origini cretesi, Agar, a presentarsi all’appuntamento.
Apron Bramhall has come unmoored. thankfully, she's approximately to be stored by way of Jesus. now not that Jesus-the actor who performs him in Jesus Christ famous person. Apron is eager to keep away from the look-alike Mike, who is by surprise far and wide, until eventually she's caught in church with him sooner or later. Then anything happens-Apron's damaged teenage center blinks on for the 1st time considering that she's been adrift.
Daniel Grace is a first-person account of the occasions in Daniel Grace’s existence that lead as much as his suicide try in the course of his freshman yr in collage. Fourteen-year-old Daniel Grace studies the onset of puberty with emotional and social clash over his sexuality. he's interested in boys, yet can't admit this to himself or others, as he fears being ostracized by means of his family and friends.
- The Time He Desires
- Breathing Lessons
- Barrow's Point
- Investigating the Strange: First 5 Collection
- The Not-quite-frozen Lake Of Tender Hurt (Sleeping With Boys Book 3)
Extra resources for A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco